Saturday, June 4, 2011

For my daughters...

Dear sweet girls of mine,
The world wants to tell me what to do with you,
But I know what to do with you…
The Bible says to be gentle and comfort you,
So little girls, when you are sad I will hold you, and not worry of spoiling you.
When you are sleeping, I will kiss your little cheeks.
When you need me, I will be there, no matter what the world says.
I will not push you when it is not necessary, but wait for the right moment, when you are ready.
At one and three years old, there is no need to be independent of me just yet.
God gave you to me to love and nurture.

Little girls, you are so precious to me-- a gift from above.
I want to teach you of my Savior’s love.
I will show you and correct you, admonish and teach you.
To obey and be kind is what the Bible says.
I will show you respect, so that you may learn to respect me.
I will lead you and train you, and I will show you also to trust me.
God gave you to me to teach and correct. 
 I love you so much, my dear, sweet girls. :)


I Thessalonians 2:7
But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:

Isaiah 66:13
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 49:15
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 4:3-5
For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.
He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.
Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment